First of all; sorry that I haven't been updating my blog for such a long time. And second of all; now when I finally found some time to share some updates with you guys, I'm shooting you with these horrible iPhone pics, which are the lowest quality ever. Sorry. Life here is so hectic that if you wanna capture it, iPhone is your only chance. However, lot's of stuff has been going on since I last time posted. The Xmas season finally kicked off and we've been busy at work selling lessons and other cool programs we offer. I'll come back to this later, since yesterday I had a chance to take part in one of those programs we sell to our customers.
We had our Snow School Sales Xmas party last week which was really nice. We had nice home made dinner inc. turkey and other typical canadian stuff, gave small xmas presents to each other and finished the night at Buffalo Bills. What a funny night we had!!
Last week we also had Emiliano's bday blast at the mexican restaurant. Had really good dinner together with other italianos we've met here in Whistler. It's funny how we've developed this lil' Finn-Italian crew. We've been also riding together and just hanging out at staff housing. Last week we had a night session at the skate park together. Went there late in the eve and tried to learn some tricks in the skate bowl - that was so much fun! There is also some go pro footage of that eve, I might upload that later, so you guys will see me flying (and landing on my ass, hah).
Last thursday we did Après ski and I got introduced to Caesar. It's a Canadian drink inc. tomato juice, vodka, tabasco, lime wedge, salt, pepper, olives, bacon and pickle. I know, sounds disgusting - but it's freaking good. It's more of a meal instead of a cocktail. And whats best, you can drink pretty much as many as you can and you don't get hangover.
Yesterday I had one of the best riding days here so far. I took part in one of our programs we offer to our customers, called Extremely Canadian. It's a 2days program, offering off-piste riding and giving the chance to explore the best parts of the mountain. As Snow School Sales staff, I had a chance to get it for free (usually it's $400) and oh boy, was that cool! It's been snowing here past three days (70cm) and I was just so lucky to get days off and take part in this program. We started at 9am and rode all day long just off-piste, forrest runs and powder. My legs were like spaghetti after the day, but I had the biggest smile on my face than never before. It's always great to push your limits and overcome your fears of steep slopes etc.
I can't believe that xmas is next week. It's hard to keep record of the dates here, since there is always so much going on.
My dear friends; I wish you all relaxing and peaceful xmas holidays. Enjoy the time with your family & close ones.
This year I'll spend my xmas working at the Snow school and shredding on the hill.
And I absolutely love it.

Sä koet siellä niin paljon ja mahtavia asioita, ei täällä pysty es käsittämään... 8) Hienointa on lukea kuinka nautit täysillä! Joulut meni jo, mutta hyvää uutta vuotta!!!
ReplyDelete