Went skiing today....and had the best time ever.
I haven't been skiing for past 20yrs, so it was about time. Ever since I started snowboarding, I haven't touched skis. It took me quite long time to pick up snowboarding so once I finally got it, it was just easier to grab my board and go shredding. When I came to Whistler I decided I'll try skiing again. Staff gets free lessons, so it would be stupid not to take advantage of the great deal. However, I got something even better. Ken, one of the ski school supervisors, offered me a private ski lesson with him, when I told him I'd like to try skiing. I also won those free demo rentals from our sales competition so I couldn't back off anymore. So I walked to rental store, got free demo skis as well few very valuable tips (like how to walk with ski boots without looking like an idiot, theres no right or left ski and that ski poles can actually be very useful, once you know how to use them).
The first time I had my skis on, I felt like the biggest idiot. I couldn't even ski from another lift to another, without doing the freaking pizza slice move. I had no clue what to do with skis or with the poles, I didn't even feel comfortable taking off from the lift. Luckily my teacher was one of the best ones and with his help, I picked up skiing pretty quickly. Ken said he was very impressed by my progress. He also mentioned he was disappointed, cause he thought he could laugh and make fun out of me, when Im learning how to ski, ha!
Once I picked up skiing, I really enjoyed it. Had much fun, wouldn't have ever thought skiing can be that awesome. It's always good to push your limits and learn something new. Once you make it, it's so awarding. Will go riding tomorrow and hopefully back on skis on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment